Friday, March 16, 2012

{Manipulatives in a Bowl}

I've been having fun coming up with ideas to stick around the house for the boys to freely explore. One thing I started doing after Christmas was to keep some kind of manipulative in this large wooden bowl. 
My sister gave Monkey a set of dominoes for Christmas and suggested I put them out somewhere as he plays with the dominoes at her house often.

Both of the boys enjoyed playing with them and would often wander by and start some type of construction or make up a game.


Once the excitement of the dominoes wore off I dumped our bin of Link N' Learn Links in.
The bowl sits on their small table in a sitting area between the diningroom and office. It gets played with often and has become a really fun way for the boys to explore different manipulatives, and for me to sneak in a little extra learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment