Saturday, October 20, 2012

Reading Challenges: Week 26

Cut, Crop, & Die - Joanna Campbell Slan

I randomly picked this book on one of my Kindle freebie lists. I was expecting something a bit on the corny side but I was pleasantly surprised. Slan wove together a story of murder, mystery, love, creativity, and humor into a book that I couldn't put down. At the end of each chapter there is a page or two sharing tips, tricks, and maybe even a project for the scrapbookers out there. Even if you're not a scrapbooker I would recommend this book, it was an easy read that I enjoyed immensely. My only disappointment is that I stumbled across the second book in the series and while I was able to read it, I was definitely missing details that will only come from reading the series from the beginning with Paper, Scissors, Death. Amazon also hosts a long list of Kiki Lowenstein short story mysteries that might be worth checking out.


No comments:

Post a Comment