Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Reading Challenges: Week 27

Always the Baker, Never the Bride: An Emma Rae Creation - Sandra D. Bricker

Jackson Drake opens the Tanglewood Inn, a one stop shopping for weddings including planners, caterers, spa, chapel, and guest accommodations. Jackson's doting women (his southern to the core sisters) brow beat him into hiring Emma Rae Travis an up and coming pastry chef who just won the Passionate Palette Award for her creme brulee wedding cake. The irony of their two lives collide with Emma (a diabetic who can't afford to sample her own creations) and Jackson (a wedding extraordinaire who's wife recently passed away), fall head over heels for each other.
I'm always a sucker for a good romance and this one didn't disappoint. For those of your with a sweet tooth, or a little bit of pastry chef in you, each chapter ends with a yummy recipe or pastry tip.


 
To Love A Witch - Debora Geary

It wasn't until I got to the end that I realized this was a "novel nibble" and not a full blown text. I was really disappointed actually, I was only knee deep in the story and I was to stick around for the rest. The short story was a fun read, a little bit magical, and a whole lot of sweet. It definitely left me wanting more from Debora Geary and I'll be keeping an eye out for her full length novels. I love the light hearted sci-fi that's mixed into the the classic romance about a girl with a rough life, and her knight in shining armor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment