Wednesday, December 5, 2012

School supply boxes

I had a plan, long before we started school for the year, to make each of the boys supply boxes for school. I got so tired of hunting down scissors and glue and pens that actually work last year. 
I was going to make something, but then I spotted these cute little carry boxes in the Target dollar spot.
 I used plastic cups and covered some toilet paper rolls with scrapbooking paper to contain supplies.
 J's box includes fine point and thick markers, scissors, Elmer's glue and glue sticks, mechanical pencils, colored pencils, crayons, and a flexible ruler we picked up this summer. He also keeps a paperclip in the box to use for a spacer while he's doing writing.
 I had these chunky cardboard letters in my scrapbooking stash so I put the boys' names on the front of their boxes. They sit at eye level on our school shelves and are easily accessible. When we start school each morning I remind them both to get their boxes so we have everything in front of us for regular school activities.

A's box contains colored pencils, glue sticks, beginner scissors, Pipsqueak markers, mechanical pencils, and crayons. He usually has one dry erase marker in there as well for use in his "school book" which I'll share later.
Monkey doesn't join us for traditional school much but often sits and draws at the table with us. My one rule is that the school boxes are used only at the table and only during school time (though I do let this one slide a bit). The boys have boxes of pens, crayons, and other art supplies in our craft cupboard that they are free to use anytime. I don't worry so much about those things getting dried out.


No comments:

Post a Comment