Monday, May 27, 2013

Homemade Suckers

I'm finally getting around to posting some of our Christmas photos :). Better late than never. A made chocolate suckers that looked like Santa Clause. I got the molds at a garage sale for a quarter I think, and we had the chocolate on hand from another project we never got around to.



The Wilton website had some really great tips to help us get started.


 Over all it was a realatively easy and fun activity. Using sandwich bags for the melting chocolate was pretty messy and wasteful, I would suggest a squeeze bottle or icing bags. 


We kept it very simple, A did white chocolate and J did milk chocolate. They turned out well and the boys used them for Christmas gifts. Unfortunately I put the molds in the dishwasher and they didn't survive. Guess we'll have to try something different next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment