Friday, February 14, 2014

Melted Valentines


I LOVE making melted crayon art with the boys.  We made these super fun fall leaves in September, and I thought it was high time to get out the crayons again. 

Cover your skillet with foil (you'll thank me later), and heat it to 200 - 250 degrees.  I remind the boys repeatedly that it's hot, and I make sure they have long sleeves on to protect their arms.

 Bring out your crayons, minus the wrappers.  I only provided red, pink, and white since those are the colors I wanted them to use.  A was a little miffed at first but he got over it.  Note: white didn't show up, though I want to try using white on colored paper...

I pre-cut a big stack of hearts in a variety of sizes.  I've found that lower weight paper works best as it allows the liquid to soak through and gives you a better stained glass effect.  Once everything is set up, have fun creating! 
Something about swooshing the melting crayons around on the paper is SO much fun!

 
 We'll be sending out a few to special valentines

 Some of mine

Love the texture of these, I can't wait to get them up 


Aren't they wonderful!?





No comments:

Post a Comment