Thursday, September 26, 2013

Melted Crayon Art into Fall Leaves

I had a plan in mind when I set the boys up to make melted crayon art. At first I suggested they use fall related colors, but it was too fun creating coloring creations so I let it go and we explored every color under the rainbow.
I did remind them to try and color all parts of the paper since we were going to turn them into something else. I explained before hand what the finished project was going to be and they were both ok with me cutting up their creations.

After we were all done melting and coloring and melting and coloring....I used my Cricut to cut out fall leaves! (I'm not sure that cutting melted crayon wax is recommended by the manufacturer, but it worked)
 I cut six leaves out of each piece of 8x10 paper and we had enough to cover both sections of our sliding glass door. (tip I read somewhere online, if you're cutting thicker material on a Cricut matte that doesn't stick, use painters tape or masking tape to secure the corners and edges. Worked like a charm!)
 The texture and colors are amazing!

 Now we can focus on the gorgeous "fall" leaves instead of the crummy weather on the outside.








Aren't they wonderful!?
FYI: I used "glue dots" from the scrapbooking section of the craft store to adhere these to the window. It's what I had on hand and I didn't want to use anything that would block the light or distract from the leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment