Monday, October 14, 2013

Weather Words Lapbook



I was a little skeptical about how well the idea of lapbooks would go over with J, but was pleasantly surprised that he seemed to really enjoy our first attempt. I kept things very relaxed, we worked on an element every other day or so and we split the writing the cutting so he wouldn't get bogged down.




I couldn't find a copy of Weather Words by Gail Gibbons at our library so I ended up ordering it from Amazon. I've loved Gail Gibbons' books in the past and this particular one had rave reviews. I was not disappointed, if you're studying weather with early elementary students this is a great easy to read vocabulary based book to have in your library.

We don't use traditional lapbooks made from file folders, but instead a 3-ring binder and cardstock. (I purchased a HUGE package of colored cardstock at Micheal's in the scrapbooking section with a 40% coupon.)



J had a great time giving A a "tour" of his weather book.


The lapbook can be found here along with a video if you need help putting together any of the pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment