Friday, March 15, 2013

Egyptian Golden Bracelets

 This was a quick activity that kept the boys happy (anything with paint keeps them happy) and utilized things we had on hand. I covered the table with butcher paper and gave the boys a jar of yellow paint, paint brushes, and a toilet paper roll.
 The yellow is supposed to represent gold. They painted their tubes all over and then we set them up to dry.

 I seem to have a problem getting final results pictures but basically once the tubes were dry I cut them in half (making two bracelets out of each tube) and them cut them open up one side so that they can be "wrapped" around an arm.
J wrapped his arms up and pretended to be a mummy, which gave me about three minutes of silence. Sometimes I forget what silence is like :).

No comments:

Post a Comment